Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 7 (Ive made it through my first week!)

Well, it has been a week since I have arrived here. Today I went on a ride with another guest who is staying here name Jared. He is an ex pro cyclist and now he is a cycling journalist and photographer. He is in his early thirties and he is a kick butt cyclist. We decided to ride the last 90km of the Tour of Flanders course. This included one time up the Koppenburg and three times up the Pattersburg and Ode kwermont(not sure if I spelled that right), and a bunch of other cobbled sections. Today was super nice, but this ride was torturous. My hands hurt so badly after doing a 2 mile section of cobbles. I can't believe that the riders are able to do this race. I only rode the last part and I can't imagine doing it after already having done 100 or so miles. So I got a new perspective on the Spring Classics today and I got some sore legs and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment