Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 3 (second race)

Today was a lot like yesterday in the fact that I sat around most of the morning to rest up before my race. My race was 54km today and had 56 other riders.Today's course was a lot more technical in the fact that there was cobbles, super narrow roads,  and very tight turns. Today my goal was to stay in the top twenty in terms of positioning, but that never happened. Every time I got to the front, I saw myself at the back two minutes later. Positioning is really an art that you have to learn here. So, being at the back, I got whipped around every corner. After 22 miles I couldn't take it anymore and I got dropped with 6 others who rode the rest of the race with me. I got 3 in our little sprint. Overall I ended up 31st and ended up making another 5 euros. I can honestly say that I have never suffered more in my life than I did today. What matters is that I did my best and I never gave up. I have a cool week of training ahead of me and then I get to race again. Thats pretty much my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment