Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 6

The days here just keep getting better and better! Today I had breakfast and then went to the nearby canal to do some intervals. I worked myself pretty hard during those efforts which felt good. When I got done with the intervals I rode back to the house to get a bite to eat, and then got back on the bike to ride 4 miles to watch a pro race. It was called the Nokere Koerse. This was a big deal for me because I have never seen a professional road race, nevertheless, be able to ride to one. When I arrived near the finishing circuit the streets were lined with people.There was a betting board and lots of beer tents. It was like a carnival with a ton of food stands and music. It was so neat watching all of the pro's go by and all of the team cars follow. It took me awhile to realize that this was actually happening. I have always wanted to see a pro race and I finally was.

After getting back from the race I got ready for dinner. This was not any ordinary dinner though, this was a dinner with Jonathan Page and his family at the house where Im staying. For those of you who may not know who he is, he is a big cyclocross superstar. He is from New Hampshire, but resides in Belgium for most of the year. I have seen him at races before, but never had the chance to talk with him. He was super nice and I even got a photo with him (check my facebook).

Today was pretty much the greatest day ever. I have never been more happier in my life than I am right now. I can't thank my parents enough for all that they have done for me and Tim Redus for providing me with this opportunity. I feel as though I am in a dream right now and I am just so happy. Thank you everyone for your support.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment