Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 16

I had my last race here today.There were 124 starters. I have never been in a race with this many juniors.  The started off very fast and I had a very hard time trying to stay in good position. I made it to the front once, but soon I was in the back again. After 3 laps I got dropped and rode with three others. What made this race interesting was the fact that there were 2 sections of downhill cobbles. One had a turn at the bottom which force me to brake. Braking and shifting are very difficult when your hands and body are being vibrated at a fast pace. On the first lap bottles were flying all over the place on the cobbles which made it dangerous. I am disappointed with my results this past weekend, but it is a long season and I had barely ridden outside before coming here.

1 comment:

  1. Just think of how this experience will benefit you everyday going forward. Bring it on back home Rainman!

    ReplyDelete