Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 13

Today I followed the pro race, Dwars Door Vlaanderen, in a car. It was Tim, Greg, me, and a photographer. First we went to a cobbled road and saw them go by, then we went to a short climb. If you happened to be watching the race on the T.V. or computer, you can spot me at the 42 km. I am the shirtless kid waving his shirt around. I never have the chance to see pro races in the U.S. so I decided to go as crazy as I could. There were so many people at this race and I also got to see Mark Cavendish go by. I only saw him for a second, but only in my dreams could I see the World Champion so I was super excited.

After the race, I went on a short 50 min. exploration ride to check out the town.  It is pretty confusing over here with roundabouts and so many different streets. When I got lost, I just searched for the town square tower and went in that direction.

Also, I have seen so many professional team cars either parked on the side of the road or just driving on some rural back roads. Yesterday I saw the Radioshack-Nissan bus parked on the opposite road of the grocery store. Also, there was a Quickstep car at my race on Sunday. Those are just a few instances. I find it super cool that they are all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment