Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 5

Today was an awesome day! It started out with a trip to the grocery store to get some waffles and bananas for me and Tim(my director) got some stuff for dinner later today. While at the grocery store I saw this special cereal that isn't sold in the U.S. that my friend has really wanted, so I picked up that too. I also got some chocolate to bring home for some friends and family. The real souvenir shopping doesn't begin until I take a day trip to Brugge where all the cool shops are.

After lunch I went on a ride with Tim and Gregg (the house owner) to ride the "holy trinity" of cobbled climbs. First I rode the Koppenburg, then the Pattersburg, and finally the Oude Kwaremont. These climbs are famous being part of the Spring Classics races such as Paris Roubaix and Tour of Flanders. These climbs are super steep and super bumpy. I couldn't believe that I was riding the same roads as Fabian Cancellara and Tom Boonen.

Today was really great and I just finished some really awesome spaghetti and meatballs. I am loving my time here and there is some really cool stuff planned for tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Richard

1 comment: