Friday, August 17, 2012

town square market

Every thursday during the summer  there is a market that happens in the town square of Oudenaarde, the town that I'm staying in. I didn't have plans in the morning, so I decided to go check it out. It was such a cool scene. Over a hundred vendors were set up with their tents and everything else that they needed. There was everything from food vendors selling fresh meat and cheeses to vendors selling clothing and jewelry. The whole town square was packed with action and I thought that it was so cool. After looking around and buying a pastry I decided to go eat at a cafe with Thompson, a racer from Wisconsin on the trip. We each bought a coffee and a pastry. After eating, we went to another cafe where some other friends were at and we had more food there. I loved visiting the town market and I enjoyed taking all of it in.

Later that day I went on a good hour and a half ride with 3 others to burn off all of the goodies that I had ate earlier. It was a really nice day for a ride and I had a lot of fun riding through the countryside. I am meeting so many great people on this trip and experiencing a complete other culture first hand! thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment