Monday, August 20, 2012

Last Days in Belgium

Well, I leave Belgium tomorrow to go back home. These last couple days have been pretty calm and relaxling. The only thing that I have to complain about was the heat these last two days. It got in the upper 90's which is very hot for Belgium. There is also no air conditioning here which lead to all my chocolate melting :(  I probably should have put it in the fridge though. Today I went for a ride to Gent (a fairly big city about 20 miles away) where I got completely lost once I reached the city. I did end up finding my way back though. I packed my bike up a little while ago and I am praying that TSA doesn't decide to take a chainsaw to it.

I am super glad that I was able to come back here for a second time this year for more racing and learning. The racing did not go as well as I wanted it to, but I still got more experience racing at an international level which is important. I want to thank Holly and Greg Germer for providing me a great house to stay in, Tim Redus for providing a great racing trip for me and great dinners, John Kelly for helping Tim run the trip and taking me to a couple of my races, Daniel Sterling for lending me his bike box and supporting me in making my racing dreams come true, and I would like to thank my awesome Mom and Dad for being my biggest supporters and cheerleaders. I also would like to thank all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and my friends for being such great people in my life.

This trip has been another chapter in the Journey of Rainman. The journey to the top is not easy, but I am never going to give up. I can't say enough how glad I am to have such a great group of supporters surrounding me. I have one more race this season over Labor Day weekend and I am going to give my all. Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed!

Here is a short video on why racing in Europe is so important and what I am trying to accomplish in cycling: http://vimeo.com/47605727

No comments:

Post a Comment