Friday, August 3, 2012

First couple days

I have now been here at the house in Belgium for a couple days now and I am adjusted to the time difference (Belgium is six hours ahead of Michigan). I had my first race the day after I arrived and I was still tired then. The race was 63 km long and was on a 7.5 km long circuit that winded and twisted through the country side while leading us back through town each lap. The race started off fast and stayed that way. I was doing a good job of positioning myself at the front and staying out of trouble. I even found the strength in me to put in some good attacks. Halfway through the race it started to rain and the corners got slippery. I took a sharp turn at a wrong angle and my wheels slid out from underneath me and my body slided up against the pavement for a couple feet. By the time that I got up and checked my bike the field was gone. It was a really windy day and that made catching the field by myself impossible. I got pulled from the race and got 30th place out of 70 some racers. I am disapointed about how the race went, but thats how it goes sometimes.

The last days I have been chilling around the town square and riding around the country side with some of my friends. My next race is on Sunday and I am very excited for it. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment