Sunday, August 5, 2012

second race of the trip

Today we had a race in Zingem, a town about 7 miles away. I got an awesome massage from Holly Germer yesterday, co-owner of the Chainstay, so my legs were feeling ready to go. The course was short and we had to do 13 laps. The race started off fast and I was feeling good. I was very aggressive and was almost always at the front staying out of trouble. With two laps to go another racer named Phil O'Donnel took off and soloed to the finish. A group of 3 others took off and also stayed away. I missed out on those opportunities and I had to fight my way to the front to get in position for the sprint. We were flying on the last lap and moving up was hard. On the last corner I got bumped to the side of the road and came out of the corner slow. I was passed up by 10 others and I finished 25th in the race.

The lesson learned is that even if your feeling good things don't alway go your way. I need to be more prepared for sprints at the end of races and I need to keep my elbows out.  It is a decent result and there is always another race to do better in. Congrats to Phil O'Donnel for winning and Grayson Brookshire for getting second. I am having a lot of fun!
Thanks for reading,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment