Thursday, November 1, 2012

Whats Up In My Life

Hello good friends and family, thanks for reading my blog. Lately I have been doing a lot of schoolwork, cycling, and trying to spend some more time with friends. I am in the part of the cycling season that some some people call, "the offseason". A lot of competitors find this a time to relax and kick back, but I find it the time to work even harder and try to improve on my weaknesses. I have been doing a lot of stretching, core work, and I have been spending a lot of time on my bike. I also decided to hire a nutritionist to help me make sure that I am fueling my body with the best food possible. I am really feeling a lot of improvement all around and I am feeling the rewards of my hard work.

My schedule for the next couple of weeks kicks off with the Iceman Cometh Challenge mountain bike race in northern Michigan. This race attracts over 4,000 racers from across the U.S. and has a great atmosphere. It is 30 miles of challenging trails and dirt roads that takes about 2 hours to complete. It is the one mountain bike race I do a year, but I always have a lot of fun at it. I leave for this race tomorrow afternoon and I am super excited for it!

After the mountain bike race, I will have to come home that night and start packing up things for Texas. I am leaving for Houston, Texas on Tuesday and will be there for two weeks while staying with family and getting in some really good training. I will bring my school with me and work on that while I'm there. I think that it will be a nice change of pace for me and I love being around with my family!

I have one final exciting announcement. I will be racing for the IS Corp Junior Cycling team out of Wisconsin this upcoming season! They have produced many great riders on and off the bike and are invited to the Tour de la'Abitibi (a UCI stage race in Canada) every year. I will be getting to meet all of my new teammates very soon and I am excited about being able to race with such a great group of people.

That is the summary of what has been going on in my life lately. I have very big expectations for this upcoming season and I am going to come out swinging. I am taking care of all the little things and I will let my legs do the rest. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.
Sincerely,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment