Saturday, April 28, 2012

A day in my life

These last two weeks have been pretty casual for me. Here is what my daily schedule consists of. I wake up at around 8:30, eat some waffles, cereal, and bananas, and then I go on the computer to check my e-mail and facebook for a bit. By 10:00 I am sitting at my dining room table getting started on my schoolwork. Homeschooling is one of the sacrifces that I have made to help me become a better rider and be able to travel to bigger races. It can become very lonely at sometimes, but I also like having my own schedule. At noon I walk down the street to visit my dad during his lunchbreak at the middle school he teaches at. Then I walk back home and finish up my subjects. When I am done with school, I go do the workout that my coach has planned for me.

Thats pretty much what my monday-friday's are like. Besides from school, I have been doing the local spring training series in Ann Arbor. Last weekend I upgraded to a category 2 which means that I get to race with the best in Michigan this year. I never dreamed of being a category 2 a couple years ago. I have really worked hard and I am ready to race at this very high level.

Today I did at time trial at Willow Metropark. This is a 13 mile tt consisting of 6 laps around a closed course. I did not perform nearly as well as I thought I should have. My goal was to acheive a time that was under 30 minutes. The course conditions were not very fast though. I ended up getting 7th place in the pro 1/2 field with a time of 30:53. I was not feeling my best today, but I gave it my all.

Happy birthday to my awesome coach Lucas Wall!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment