Monday, May 14, 2012

What's been going on lately

Nothing crazy has happened to me since my last post, but Ill do my best to make this post sound interesting. I have been racing really hard lately and I am only a couple weeks away from finishing up my sophmore year of highschool. My training rides have been pretty exciting lately. Yesterday I got attacked by some geese who were protecting their children from me and I almost ran over a squirrel. What really scared me is that the geese started hissing at me and even jumped at me and tried to bite me. haha.

Since my last post I did a local spring training series race at Ann Arbor where I got fifth in the pro 1/2/3 race. I was able to make it into the winning breakaway of 8 and gave it my best in the sprint. The next weekend I did a road race called, Cone-Azalia. The course consists of a rectangular 10 mile loop with 4 miles of gravel and 6 miles of paved road. The pro 1/2 race had to do 7 laps. The first 3 laps went fine and then the pace started to pick back up. I got dropped 55 miles into the race and then I rode with one other for the last part of the race. 3 others caught us in the last mile so I had to bring out a hard sprint. I got 20th place out of 30some riders. It is a hard transition going from cat 3 to cat 2 and racing with the professionals. The races are longer and the riders are better. I am learning a lot and I enjoy the high level of competition.

This week I am preparing for a two day stage race in Grand Rapids this weekend. Saturday consists of a 14 mile time trial in the morning and a criterium in the afternoon. Sunday consists of a 90 mile road race. I can't wait!!!!!

Also, I would like to wish everyone mom and expectant mother out there a happy mother's day! My mom means the world to me and I am so thankful for her. She is always cheering me on and supporting me. I feel so blessed that I have her!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment