Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back in the Groove

Wow, I have had a great start to my season so far. I was fortunate enought to be able to do Valley of the Sun Stage Race in Arizona in February and then head off to Belgium for a couple weeks of racing. Needless to say, I have had a good early season. Since getting back from Belgium I have been able to catch back up on school, see some friends, and get in a couple of local races. Training is back on schedule and it feels good to be back in the regular routine. Today I am heading off to Ohio to meet up with some teammates who I am going to carpool with to a race in Cambridge, New York. This race is called the Tour of Battenkill. It is a 62 mile long race with some tough hills and gravel sections. The great thing about this race is that it has a fairly large junior field and I will have teammates in it with me. I never enter a race that I don't think I can win and this race is no exception. I am very fit right now and Lucas Wall has been doing a good job of keeping me on track with my training. There will be some very strong competitors, but that is why I am going all the way to New York for this race. I am always a little nervous when going to a big race, but I am feeling confident in the fact that I have done all that I can do to prepare for this race. My next post will be on how this race goes. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment